Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Give Paleo a chance.

This evening, I made my first true 'paleo' dish. Green Chicken Masala. It looks pretty gross in the picture (and in person), but it was really good. The sauce is made from coconut milk, coconut oil, cilantro, mint, lemon juice, garlic, onion, and jalapeno. It smelled pretty good as it was cooking, but I'm one of those people who literally judges a book by it's cover. There was no way I was going to take the first bite! DH dug in and said it was good, so I felt okay about trying it. (That's another thing about me, I HATE trying new food. I hate sharing food, too; but that is a different issue!) To my delight, it was a good meal. Easy and flavorful. The hardest part was not serving it with basmatti rice! This new diet is going to take some getting used to! I started taking all of the nutritional supplements from my nutritionist. I was kind of afraid that taking all of them would make me sick, but so far, they haven't. This is only Day 2, so no, you know, miracles, yet! (Like dropping 45 pounds overnight!) *Recipe from www.paleodietlifestyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment