Getting 'inked' is kind of like getting 'punked'...in your dryer. *Somebody* ahem, DH, ahem, left a pen in his shirt pocket. That pen got ALL ghetto in the dryer. Ink was everywhere. All over the light colored clothes (mostly mine, including my very favorite grey sweater) and the inside of the dryer. The shirt that *somebody* left the pen in was unscathed! Can you imagine? UNSCATHED! And it's my least favorite shirt of *somebody's*!!
Anyway, I tried scrubbing the inside of the dryer with all manner of cleaner and nothing worked. But I found a remedy online which worked wonders, so I'm sharing it, just in case the *somebody* in your life leaves a pen in his pocket!
How to get ink out of the dryer:
1. Pour 2 cups of water into a bucket.
2. Fill bucket half way with water.
3. Soak a white bath towel in the bleach water for 5 minutes.
4. Wring towel out.
5. Put towel in dryer and run dryer for 20-30 minutes.
6. Remove towel and wipe down inside of dryer with a white cloth and water.
There are a couple of ink stains left, but they were a lot lighter. I'm washing some whites and will dry those first in the dryer just in case there is any bleach residue.