Monday, May 9, 2011

S'ghettibows

I'm very much into quick meals for my daughter. That usually means canned or frozen foods, or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. One of her favorite meals is Spaghettio's, just a different brand. Annie's or something like that. I decided to try making my own for her. I always want to make up my own recipes, and I figured that this would be the easiest meal to 'make up'. I didn't measure all of the ingredients, but here's a list of what went in and the method I used.

S'ghettibows:

3 cans organic diced tomatoes
organic spinach
3 cloves garlic
fresh basil
oregano
1.5 cups. shredded cheese
organic beef broth
water
mini bow tie pasta

In a stock pot, combine vegetables and spices, simmer until tender. Add cheese and mix until melted. Add beef broth and/or water until you get a thick soup consistency. Run through a food processor to puree. Return to stock pot, add pasta and simmer until pasta is tender.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice quick dinner for us grown-ups, too!

    ReplyDelete